Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blackrock Depths of Hell

I knew from the start that this was going to be a rough one. I was running my level 54 heirloomed mage through the RDF. My run the other day was Sunken Temple with a deathknight tank. A deathknight tank with an unholy spec and frost presence. Boy did that suck!

Fingers crossed, I entered the dungeon. Blackrock Depths. The tank and healer drop group immediately. Re-queue. New heals arrive. He wants a fast run because he doen't have alot of time. Why queue as a healer with a damn-near instant queue if you don't have time for a run? New tank after a short wait. he immediately charges the two mobs at the entrance. No hello, no ready-check, not even an "r?".

He proceeded to pull like a chihuahua on crack, zigzagging through mobs to the first boss. I can't even blizzard the packs, because he moves them before it can get two ticks in. I concentrate on slowing the fleeing, low-health mobs with frost bolts before they run off to get friends. The amazing hunter in the group kills them dead before they get out of range. Speedy goes line of sight, dragging mobs into the hallway before High Interrogator Gerstahn.

A blue BOE sword drops from one of the trash. Everyone clicks greed. Well, almost everyone. Mr. hyper speed asshat clicks need, even though he is wielding an heirloom sword that is better than the drop. To his credit, he does apologize and offers it up after one of the party calls him on it.

The healer is doing a great job of keeping him up though the chain pulls, and the hunter and I are rocking the DPS as he chain pulls to the boss. The other DPS is doing something. We just aren't sure what. I end up having to ice block because the tank can't keep aggro on the last room of trash, the boss's trash, and the boss. As we down her, my hopes are dashed when there is no dungeon completion banner or sack of loot in my inventory. This is going to be a long one.

How right I was.

As we make our way through the East Garrison, our wonderful tank says BRB and drops group. A pack is face pulled accidently and we drop them quickly. The healer drops group. Both are added to my ever-growing ignore list. The other DPS, whose name and performance is forgettable, says he doesn’t have time to wait and drops group. Two seconds later we have another tank, healer, and dps. We proceed through two pulls, and the tank leaves without a word.

He makes the list.

While we are waiting on the queue, a single pat is heading towards us. DPS backs off, but the healer just stands there. He pulls the mob and drops group. We easily down it, and decide that he was a dick. He also makes the list. We get a new tank and healer, and proceed through the West Garrison, downing General Angerforge and on to Golem Lord Argelmach. He drops like a sack of bricks. Tank number five proceeds to drop, leaving us puzzled.

Our druid DPS tries to tank while we wait in the queue, and we make our way to the Grim Guzzler. We down Hurley easily, but run into problems at the other door when somehow a group of patrons aggros and kills the druid. I manage to make it all the way back to the entrance with two mobs in tow thanks to blink. I zone back in and get halfway to the guzzler when we finally get a new tank. We proceed to wipe again at the door, and I again make it back to the entrance. We end up taking the mole machine past the Guzzler and proceed to the next boss.

The rest of the run is smooth. The tank knows the dungeon and we finish in about 20 minutes. After a total of two hours and six tanks I have dinged 55 and have used up my rested state on my mage. I teleport out and mail the heirlooms off to my next rested toon - my 68 gnome warlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment