Monday, June 6, 2011

Living Up to the Name

While my pugging has been going extremely well, I did run into an asshat last night. I was in the middle of a Violet Hold run that was going nicely. We had just finished the last wave of mobs before the second boss. The boss is released, and the tank leaves the party. We wipe. The new group lead re-queues us, and one of the other DPS drops group. Then the healer drops. The other DPS comments on how much of an asshat the tank was for dropping, then drops group.

I know the healer can get a quick queue, but why on earth would a DPS drop group? The wait time was anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes? I noticed that I was still queued. Thirty seconds later I was in a new group. I had to teleport out and back in to sync with them, and it was Violet Hold again. We proceeded to make quick work of the place, and because I had already completed almost two thirds of it previously I was very close to leveling.

I know there can be any number of reasons for someone to drop, but this wasn't a disconnect. There was also plenty of time before we got into combat to say "sorry, gotta go" and allow us to get out of dodge. I suspect that this person does this regularly, based solely on the actions and the name of the character.

Here's to you, Quiton - Blade's Edge. Thanks to you I was able to do one and two thirds dungeons in the time I would have normally done one and waited for the next one. It doesn't make you any less of a dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment