Tuesday, February 19, 2013

There IS Loot in LFR

It's been a busy few weeks. The LFR gods have smiled upon my hunter and I not only have my Sha-touched boomstick, but I am also sporting four tier items. The Sha-touched sword for my Death Knight still eludes me, although Elegon did cough up Starshatter for me (but only the LFR version). We had an excellent raid this weekend, one-shotting all of MV and the first two bosses in HoF on the first night! We even had time to do a few pulls of Garalon. We made some quality progression on Garalon during the second night, ending with the pheromone swaps starting to get a bit smoother and running into the enrage timer.

I'm going to have to do a little research and math to figure out the best way to earn Valor points, because this is the second week in a row that I've gone into raid night on my Death Knight after reaching the cap. The rescheduling to Sunday-Monday raiding, while better for me IRL, has thrown my in-game schedule askew.

I didn't get a lot of progress on my alts, with only my Warlock seeing any real time played. This was mainly due to farming up motes so I could make the BOA staff for my Druid. It took a bit longer than I had hoped, but the repetitive nature gave me some time to get used to my new gaming toy; I picked up a Nostromo N52 before the weekend. I'm still getting used to it and trying to come up with a keymap setting that will work for me, but this might be what it takes to get me to stop being a "clicker". If you are ever looking to farm motes of spirit on a low level character, the area over by Pearlfin Village is great. It is even better if you are still on the quest where you have a party of NPCs with you! As a Warlock, I could just sit myself at a crossroad where the mobs would spawn or pass through and hit Harvest Life, loot, and repeat. The only thing that slowed me up was my limited bag space!

11x90

Hunter 90
Death Knight 90
Rogue 87
Priest 85
Mage 87
Druid 90
Warlock 87
Warrior 86
Paladin 85
Shaman 85
Monk 70

No comments:

Post a Comment