Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catching Up

 I'm finally back after a few weeks of really busy times at work. I was able to progress through the new dailies with my main without missing any days since the patch dropped, and I was able to get some drops from Ahune on some of my alts. I did, however, decide to take a few days off from work last week to have a five-day weekend to recharge my batteries.

I spent a lot of time on my main, doing the full 25 daily quests per day. This netted me another piece of heirloom gear from the Argent tourny vendor, a nice ring from the new Firelands faction, and exalted status with both my guild and Therazane. I also leveled up my healing druids through pugs with varying results. Same with a few of my mages.

Most of the runs were great. The tanks weren't idiots, and even if they didn't know the run (Such as the Durnhold Keep CoT one), they let the others know and we helped as best we could with explanations.

And then there were the idiots.

If you are pugging a run, there are a few ground rules you should follow. It's not cool or leet to not give your fellow puggers a chance to loot or regain mana by either chain pulling the entire run of a leveling dungeon. This isn't a max-level heroic, where the quicker you finish the quicker you can run another one for more badges. Pulling a boss when I'm low mana and giving a snarky comment after I ask for a second out of combat so I can replenish my mana is going to put you on my ignore list. There's a million other tanks out there - I don't need to waste my time with assholes like you.

Don't queue to tank after level 30 if you don't have a tank spec. There's a reason for the spec, and dual-spec training is dirt cheap. Don't be the pally trying to tank in holy spec in a mid-60 level dungeon. You will get kicked. If you don't know how to do it, do some research. Take five minutes and Google it at a minimum. Please.

Don't go AFK during scripted events (I did quite a few CoT runs). To this tank's credit, he did stay after we all asked him not to AFK just before the last waves and boss of Durnhold. If you are healing a run, don't drop in the middle of the event as well. Don't drop group in combat either. These weren't disconnects, they just dropped group. That makes you an asshole. I've had to drop out of groups in progress, but never while in combat or without letting the group know. It's just common courtesy.

During a pug run,  I don't want to hear how drunk/high you are, nor do I want to listen to any sexist/racist crap. If you do the former,  I will initiate a kick you if you are not performing and you will make my ignore list. If you do the latter not only will I initiate a kick, but I will leave if the kick fails. Either way you will make my ignore list and I will report your actions to a GM. There are too many other people to spend my time with, I don't have to waste it on assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment